Thursday, December 28, 2006

In memory of George Budabin

Andru Edwards is one of the organizers of the Seattle MindCamp, an unconference where several hundred people from diverse technical fields come together and share what they are doing with each other.

He probably has no idea of who I am, although we've exchanged a couple of emails. I might have said "Hi" to him at the Seattle MindCamp I attended in October.

Andru made a personal request of MindCampers recently and I've decided to comply. I wish I could do this for everyone, but tha's not possible. Still, let this commemorative post represent my heartfelt compassion for all families who have recently lost loved ones. Here is Andu's request:
Andru Edwards here. I wanted to first send a general thank you to those of you who emailed me to express your condolences for the passing of my father two days ago after reading the article I wrote about him on my blog:

http://www.andruedwards.com/index.php/blog/article/the-loss-of-a-hero-goodbye-dad/

For those who don't know me, I have a favor to ask of the blogoshpere. My family (my mother and six siblings) have each decided on a "section" of life that they will take the helm of to create a memorial of our father. I chose "Internet" as an outside the box approach. I work on the Internet, and it is a part of who I am. That being said, here is my request:

If you have a blog, and you wouldn't mind, could you link the term "George Budabin" to the article above where I talk about my father? Also, if you use tags, use the tag "George Budabin" in your post as well?
So here is my contribution to the effort.

George Budabin

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The George Budabin link does not look to be valid, it gives me an Invalid URI message and points to:

http://www.andruedwards.com/index.php/blog/article/the-loss-of-a-hero-%3Cbr%20/%3Egoodbye-dad/

9:09 AM  
Blogger Michael Martinez said...

I'm not sure what happened. I've repasted the link into the article. It should work now

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home