Sunday, December 10, 2006

Essay contest for Battlestar Galactica fans - win a copy of Richard Hatch's edited collection of essays

So, many of you know that I'm a big Grace Park fan and that we have a Battlestar Galactica Forum at SF-FANDOM (one of the first fan forums set up for the Ron Moore series, in fact).

Well, a while back I was contacted by BenBella Books and asked if we would help promote So Say We All: An Unauthorized Collection of Thoughts and Opinions on Battlestar Galactica, edited by Richard Hatch. They were willing to give us a few copies to hand out to fans.

Hm. Free stuff from a publisher with a book about a poopular science fiction television show. Agonizing as the decision was to reach, I grudgingly conceded that Xenite.Org might be persuadable to help the causes of commercial productivity.

In reality, the publisher contacted me as I was getting ready to leave Texas and move to Seattle, so the timing was off. But I said I'd be glad to help out later. They got back to me in November and true to their word shipped the books out. I now have them.

So the contest is underway. We're looking for five essayists of our own. We'll publish their essays on Xenite.Org, give the writers a little biographical credit, and each writer will get a copy of the book and a gift certificate (from Amazon or maybe Barnes and Noble).

I've posted the contest rules in the forum and the contest runs through Midnight December 31, 2006 -- my time (Pacific Coast, Seattle, Los Angeles time).

Check it out.

Spread the word.

There will be more contests as we come down to Xenite.Org's 10th anniversary on March 14, 2007.

Stay tuned.

And thanks to everyone who has been part of the Xenite.Org experience for nearly ten years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home