Tuesday, December 05, 2006

In a dark and crazy moment

Love the title. Don't really have anything to go with it.

Other great titles considered for this post included: "Whatever happened to Mary Sue Frances Ellen Katherine?", "How many light bulbs does it take to change a crazy Iraqi insurgent?", "When will Lebanon get a clue?", and "Did George W. Bush really just say he wanted to change the constitution to allow third terms?"

Not that I expect anyone to care about titles for blog posts. It's the substantiality of the post that matters, right? After all, there you are, searching through blog posts that are listed with title and possibly coherent snippets of text, and you're thinking, "Hey, this blog post looks like it explains quantum theory for the layman in less than five paragraphs. I think I'll read it."

And here you are, looking for an explanation of quantum theory (wait, I've changed my mind -- or maybe I never had a mind at all, so pay no mind to this statement).

It's not that blogging makes one interesting so much as one's interests make blogging worthwhile (or boring). I've written some bad blog posts in my time. And I've written some interesting ones, based on the feedback I've received (or just the traffic and links).

I do have to say I was a bit disappointed that my post on how to steal the planet Venus and make it your own didn't create the buzz I was hoping for that day. I think it's a pretty cool idea. Not that I'd really want to live in the atmosphere of a very poisonous planet, but living on Mars isn't very appealing to me, either.

Maybe we can just skip the old colonizing Venus and Mars cliche and head right for the stars. After all, we now know what kinds of planets are good for human life, and that cannot be all that bad. But maybe the space colonizing crowd just haven't found this blog yet, and so I'm trying to warm up to the wrong crowd.

Many of you showed up throughout the year while I was rambling about my various personal issues and adventures in Houston. Sorry for the lack of adventures in Seattle. It's not that that I don't intend to go out there and do stuff. It's just that it's so cold.

Based on what people tell me, I should be feeling adventurous here in Seattle sometime around late May, up through early August.

Stay tooned because I have plans. BIG plans.

In the meantime, in the interest of attracting the space-seekers (maybe I should call them star-seekers or star-explorers), let me put my finely honed search engine optimization skills to work.

Star travel -- why, yes, this blog discusses star travel, as in travelling to the stars, colonizing other worlds, and utilizing quantum theory to control time and space.

Space exploration -- Indeeed, my friends, space exploration interests me. Why, I've been exploring the empty space of my mind since I was a kid. In fact, I used to watch Star Trek all the time, boldly going where no one had ever gone before. Colonizing other worlds.

Get the message? I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home