Thursday, January 18, 2007

Way behind schedule

I've fallen behind schedule again. That's about the way things go every year.

I've yet to return to the articles on the Compuserve IMPs, although the Web site is designed and partially installed.

I've got to come up with an alternative to the Battlestar Galactica Essay Contest because, apparently, the rules were too tough and the prizes not compelling enough.

I've been uploading newly updated Xenite.Org Forum Archives to SF-Fandom. So far I think I've updated the Andre Norton Message Board Archive, the H. P. Lovecraft Message Board Archive, the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World Message Board Archive (which includes messages from Michael Sinelnikoff, who played Professor Summerlee), the Farscape Message Board Archive (and that was the first fan-run message board or forum for the show), and the White Council Archive.

The White Council was the first Web forum dedicated to J.R.R. Tolkien (and the first devoted to all of the Inklings). It's been succeeded by our Tolkien and the Inklings Forum and our Lord of the Rings movies forum. I renamed the forum when we split it up because other people were starting to call their Tolkien forums "the White Council" and I didn't feel like getting into a branding war with them.

And I've got other projects I have been and need to work on, such as the Tolkien Studies Web site and its new Tolkien Studies Blog.

So if I seem a bit off the radar every now and then, it's because I'm just way too swamped to deal with everything. I have two requests for permission to translate...Tolkien essays. I'm not sure which group. I've been changing my email subscriptions, preferences in profiles/accounts, and such too. I'm almost done with the transfer of everything into my new email address (which remains thankfully spam-free).

Anyway, that's partly where I've been for the past few weeks. I know people read this blog so I try to update it a few times a week, but it's tough to get back here very often. I appreciate your patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home