Saturday, January 20, 2007

No interesting movies this weekend

The dearth of good movies continues. I may go back and see "Night at the Museum" again. Haven't made up my mind. "Arthur and the Invisibles" was certainly fun, but I was hoping something new and interesting would come out.

Although I have to admit that I am tempted to go see "Stomp the Yard" after reading a synopsis of the story. I've never heard of "stepping" or any fraternity competitions. I should probably do some research and see what I can find. Regardless of whether the story would be well written, directed, or acted, the dancing alone should be interesting.

Then again, I've got a lot of stuff I need to be doing that I'm putting off. For example, people keep sending pictures, links, and information about Mizuo Peck. I'll try to get the page updated tomorrow (January 21). I'll try, I promise. There's loads of interesting factums about her. Mizuo has apparently made a great impression on a lot of people who have known her.

But maybe all the interest in Mizuo underscores just how boring the current crop of movies actually is. I think the film industry took a nose dive with "Borat". In the meantime, I'm waiting for "Spider-man 3", "The Fantastic Four 2", "Indiana Jones 4", "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", "Pirates of the Caribbean 3", and "The Hobbit".

Oh, wait. There won't be any "Hobbit" movie just yet. My bad.

Well, maybe we'll get another "Incredibles" or "Superman Returns Again" or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

This may indeed the worst weekend for movies of all time .. A remake of "The Hitcher"? Sheesh

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Borat was great- very funny and completely original! There's never any good movies out this time of year anyway. I think what points more to the dearth in the film industry is that all the things you are looking forward to seeing are pretty much sequels! How's that for an indication of a lack of original ideas!

Night at the Museum was mediocre, probably the least funny Ben Stiller movie I have seen.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Michael Martinez said...

Matt, I forgive you for liking "Borat". But given that I cannot stand Ben Stiller, "Night at the Museum" was clearly and obviously a step up for him. :)

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home