Monday, October 23, 2006

Going to Seattle MindCamp

I was so impressed with the BarCamp concept that I have persuaded my new employer to send me and four other employees to Seattle MindCamp 3.0 in November. About 300 people from many different companies should be there (they are only selling 300 tickets and the last 20 or so tickets should be sold soon if they are not gone already).

Since I work under a very tight NDA, I'm not sure what I'll be free to talk about or if I can give much of a presentation. I'm hoping our team can do something, as I think it would be good experience for each of the other employees to say something.

Although Houston has its share of high tech companies, Seattle clearly has achieved a high level of visibility in technology, given that companies like Microsoft and Amazon are based here. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Seattle tech community at the MindCamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home