Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well, maybe just a little something about SEO

I get involved in so many things, one thought pushes another out. I'm sure I read that in a story somewhere, but can't remember which one.

Anyway, yesterday (January 4, 2006) should be hailed as "Matt Cutts Day". He unleased a truckload of useful information on his blog. Matt has stated that the blog is his personal forum and he doesn't necessarily speak for Google. So he occasionally (too often for me) talks about non-Google stuff. But when he cuts loose on Google stuff, he's good.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog

I wonder if this blog uses rel=nofollow? Hm. Too bad for Matt if it does, because his is one of only 3 or 4 SEO-related blogs I would actually recommend on a regular basis. I also like Rand Fishkin's blog at http://www.seomoz.org/blog.php (I haven't figured out how to embed links the way I want to, yet, but don't anyone tell me -- I'm figuring this out as I go along).

I posted some excerpts from Matt's blog at http://forums.spider-food.net/ which is one of the more sane SEO forums one can find. They rarely get all the hysterical whining and backbiting flames that certain other forums are prone to.

The three Golden Rules of SEO are:

1) Links are stepping stones on the path, not the key to the door

2) Eventually, you have to give the surfer content, and the sooner the better

3) The people who make the most money in every gold rush are the ones selling the picks and shovels to the miners

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home